Monday 29 June 2015

Blow Away Your Holiday Hair Blues

I don't usually take travel sized hair tools with me on holiday, I just put up with the crappy hair dryer in the hotel and take my normal sized straighteners. However, just before I went on holiday a few weeks ago, I saw this set on offer in Boots and thought it was about time I invested in some travel sized tools.


This is the box that the items come in, it's a really sturdy box so I've actually kept it and now store other things in it. I believe it's Special Edition because it's gold and also comes with a brush, the normal one is red and doesn't include a brush.


Everything is really neatly packaged inside the box. As you can see it comes with straighteners, a hairdryer with two different attachments, a diffuser and a regular nozzle, and also a 'medium contours hair brush'. Both of the electric hair tools come in Gold and Black with an ombre effect.

Ego Travel Hair Straightener

The straightener is super easy to use, there's just one heat setting so you just flick the on switch and wait for it to heat up. It literally takes about 15-20 seconds to heat up (I timed it on my phone!), although there is no indicator as to when it is completely heated up, there's just a little red light letting you know it's turned on. I just figured that when it's really hot, it's ready for you to use! 

It features a 2.5m swivel cord, this to me is a really good length, it isn't too short or too long. There's also a little velcro strap so it is easy to wrap up ready to put in your case.


Ego Travel Hair Dryer

The 1200W hair dryer has two heat settings and you can also change what voltage you want it to be, either 230V or 120V, it comes set to 230V so I've just left it at that. As previously stated, the hair dryer comes with two attachments, I've only ever used the diffuser once but it seems to do the job, and so does the regular nozzle which is the one I always use. 

I think one reason I've often been wary of buying a travel hair dryer is that I didn't think they'd be any better than the ones you'd get in a hotel but this one is actually really good. I'd even go as far as saying it drys my hair just as well and just as fast as my regular hair dryer I use at home. 

The cord on the hair dryer is the same length as the straightener (2.5m) and also features the velcro strap.


Ego Medium Contours Hair Brush

Finally, we come to the hair brush, I don't usually use a hair brush and dry my hair at the same time (if that even makes sense). I part dry my hair, turn the dryer off, brush, then dry again, brush...etc etc until it's dry. I know you're supposed to use a brush like this one whilst drying to create volume at the roots and to smoothen your hair but, to be honest, I can never get the technique right and just end up with the brush matted in my hair. So I haven't really used this brush, I think I used it once but just gave up in the end because, unfortunately, I obviously don't have the knack for drying and brushing at the same time!

I hope you enjoyed this review of these travel tools, if you want any further information on them please don't hesitate to leave a comment.

If you'd like to follow my blog, all you have to do is click the '+Bloglovin'' button to the right of this post or you can just click here :)

Becky 
XO



2 comments: