Thursday 28 April 2016

Having The Nerve To Make Change


I've been having a bit of bloggers-block lately (is that a thing?). The last few weeks have been a quite busy for me, but not busy with things I could really blog about. However, one thing came to my attention recently that I thought might make an interesting topic.

I recently managed to secure myself a new job, which I'm super excited about! When I left my old retail job, I had a couple of people tell me they wanted to leave as well, but they were scared of the change. As you may have guessed from the title of this post, I'm going to talk to you about having the nerve to make change in your life.

When these people approached me about this topic I can definitely say I understood. Going from a job where you know everyone and can do the role well to a job where you know no one and maybe aren't yet fully trained can be daunting. I'm sure many people experience this fear all the time, change is a massive thing for some people, for others, not so much.

One of the first thing's you need to do when attempting to make a change is to focus on the positives. For example, if you want to leave a low contract job with little overtime and bad working hours for a job that has the opportunity for lots of overtime and better working hours then why not go for it? Yes, you might not know everyone there and it might take a bit of time to get into the swing of things but it's going to give you better quality of life. And in reality, you don't have anything to lose but lots to gain.

You need to understand that everyone feels this fear of change. No one likes being the new person in a job or feeling insecure about a new haircut, but if you think it's the right decision for you, then do it. Everyone has their own opinions, that's just life, some may be negative towards you, but I'm sure 9 times out of 10 they'll be positive. I know this is difficult to always understand and believe, but just make sure you know that everyone else has felt this way at some point in their life.



I recently started reading a book by Susan Jeffers called 'Feel the Fear and do it Anyway'. It's a really great book if you often find yourself feeling anxious or fearful of situations, I'm only on chapter 3 and it's helped me already. In this book she states that you won't necessarily combat the fear, but you'll learn how to control it and turn it into a positive. If you're interested in reading it, you can buy it from Amazon here.

To conclude, I think having the nerve to change is something only you can do. You can't get other people to convince you to take the leap, you have to believe it and do it for yourself. It's about your state of mind. If everyone else can change their job, hairstyle, home, relationship etc, then so can you!

I hope this was helpful to some people.

If you want to keep up to date on my posts, you can follow my blog on Bloglovin' by clicking here, or alternatively, you can click the 'B'' icon to the right. My social media links are also over there :)

Becky
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment