Saturday 16 May 2015

Free Your Mind With Birchbox This May



My May Birchbox arrived so thought I'd do a post about what goodies I got inside!

First off, I like the design and concept of the box this month. You can colour it in with the crayons provided, take a picture and enter it into a competition on Birchbox's website where you can win £500 worth of products from the Birchbox shop.


If you aren't familiar with Birchbox, when you first open the box there is a little booklet explaining all the products you have received along with some other info too. 


Underneath the leaflet there is a draw string bag, this is where all your goodies are hiding! 


The first product I pulled out of my box this month is this Moisturising Sea Salt Spray by Parlour. I'm always looking to try new hair products, especially ones for texturising, as many don't seem to work all that well on my hair as it's very VERY straight. I haven't had a chance to use this yet, but it says for an increased hold, spray on damp hair and then use a diffuser hair dryer. I'll probably use this technique and hopefully it will give me some sort of texture. 


Next up is this Stila Lip Glaze in the shade Glow, the image below isn't really an accurate representation of this colour (the lighting was bad, sorry!) it's quite a lot lighter. When applied to the lips it's very sheer and just has a slight pinkish tinge to it. It's quite shimmery so adds dimension to your lips, but the shimmer isn't over the top. It says in the information booklet that this has vitamins A, C and E in it, so should be hydrating on the lips. I'm not a huge fan of lip glosses, as I don't like the stickiness, but I'll give this one a try.


This is the Vinoperfect Radiance Tinted Moisturiser by Caudalie. I don't wear foundation on a daily basis but when I'm wanting a bit more coverage in the day I go for a BB cream or tinted moisturiser, so I was pleased to see this in my box this month. I'm quite pale and am often the lightest or second lightest shade in most products, so the shade Birchbox have sent me is '01 Light', which I'm guessing is the lightest shade they do. It seems to be an alright match for my skin, but I am yet to try it on my face. This has SPF 20 in it and can be used to moisturise and brighten skin as well as cover blemishes.


I am really looking forward to using this next product, it's the RMK Point Make-Up Remover. If you've read my last post you will know I have some favourites when it comes to make-up removers, but I'm always willing to give new ones a try. It states in the booklet that this is an all round make-up remover (face, eyes and lips), but I might just stick use this to remove my eye make-up as the liquid looks like it could be quite oily. 


In this months box we were able to choose which WAH London nail product we wanted from nail varnish, nail art pen and false nails. I chose nail varnish as I barely ever wear false nails (I think I've only worn them about twice in my 22 years) and a nail art pen just didn't seem appealing to me as I was unsure how often I'd actually use it. Anyway, I got the WAH London Nail Polish in the colour Love My Team which is a nice rich red. I've not used any WAH products before so I'm excited to give this a try as I love testing new nail varnish brands.


It says in my little Birchbox booklet that this Number 4 Lumiere d'Hiver Reconstructing Masque is an 'Extra Beauty Bonus'. It's basically like a leave in conditioner and it is supposed to give you smooth, strengthened and shiny hair. I'm always slightly dubious about using leave in conditioners or masques as I have naturally shiny (*ahem* oily) hair so I worry that they'll just make my hair greasy. I might give this a try if I'm feeling brave one day and have a spare 5 minutes after I've washed my hair.


Last but not least in May's box are the crayons needed to colour the box! If and when I finish colouring in my box, I'll most likely upload a picture of it to my Instagram (@Becee) as that's where I post most of my life, if I'm being totally honest. 

Hope you enjoyed having a look in my Birchbox this month! If you want to find out more about Birchbox you can check out their website and subscribe here.

You can now follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking either here or on the '+Bloglovin'' button to the right of this post :)

Becky
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment