Thursday 31 March 2016

Just Relax, Okay?


We all lead such busy lives now-a-days, trying to fit every little thing we can into one day. Me and my boyfriend, Andy, usual only have one proper day off together, and that's Sunday. We often spend it walking round town or lounging around watching tv, but last week, we wanted to get away from all that. It was Easter Sunday so we weren't even sure if anything was open anyway, we decided to step back from the busy streets and distractions of technology and take a walk around Damflask Reservoir. 


Damflask is such a beautiful place, it's definitely one of my favourite things about Sheffield, and it's only 5 minutes from my house (lucky me!). When we set off, it was lovely and sunny, but, because it's England, that sun soon turned to rain. However, it was only light so it didn't dampen our spirits too much (no pun intended...).


I just had to include this picture of a den Andy found. In this day and age, I feel like kids spend way too much time indoors and it made me happy to think that, possibly, some children had been here and built this instead of sitting around playing video games. 






After walking about halfway round, we found a bench with a shelter, so had a sit down for a bit and watched the world go by. Soon after that, the sun started to come out and bask everything with light.



Right at the end of our walk there was this beautiful double rainbow! This reminded me that good things come to those who wait. If it hadn't have rained, these rainbows would never have formed, I think that's a pretty good metaphor for life. 

I'd been feeling quite stressed last week, but this walk and time away from 'real life' really helped me to see life from another perspective, and understand that sometimes life gets worse before it can get better. 

What do you do to calm yourself down when you're having a bad week?

If you want to keep up to date with my posts, go ahead and follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking the 'B'' icon to the right, or click here. You can also follow me on social media my clicking the icons to the right.

Becky
XO


No comments:

Post a Comment