Monday 19 October 2015

Collection's New #MakeupPalettes



The makeup brand 'Collection' have released four brand new makeup palettes. I first found out about this release when I read Victoria's (Inthefrow) blog post. You can find her post here if you want to check it out!

These were released on the 14th October, I made sure to order mine as soon as I found out about them as I was worried they might sell out. I got mine online from Boots and had them delivered to store so they were ready for me to pick up the next day. I actually only ordered three of the palettes because the other one wasn't appealing to me, more on that below. At the moment, you can get 3 for 2 across all makeup at Boots, so I managed to get one of the palettes for free, which isn't bad at all considering they're already pretty cheap.

The three palettes I got are:

#BlushAndGlow - £4.99

 

This was actually the palette I ended up getting for free in the 3 for 2 deal. It comprises of four products, a bronzer/contour, highlighter, a blush with shimmer and a blush without. I really like this palette, the bronzer is great for contouring and is the perfect shade for my pale skin. The highlighter is subtle and not too over the top. I've only tired the matte blush so far but the shade is lovely and gives you a rosy glow. The shimmery blush is nice when watched so I think I'll be trying that when I next go on a night out.

#FaceTheDay - £6.99


This palette consists of 4 shimmer eye shadows, a shimmer blush, a bronzer and highlighter. I nearly didn't get this palette because it didn't shout out at me. I only got it in the end because of the 3 for 2 deal. Don't get me wrong, it's a good all round palette. I just wish the eyeshadows were matte instead of shimmery and, I haven't used the bronzer yet, but it looks a bit orangey. You never know though, I could love it once I use it. Overall, I like the palette and all the products included have good pigment to them, but I feel like Collection went a bit shimmer crazy with all the eye shadows, blush and highlighter. I just prefer it when the shimmer's optional and you can add it to your look with highlight. Does anyone else feel this way...?

#ConcealAndLightLikeAPro - £5.99


 

This is the palette I was most excited about. I have dark circles around my eyes, so thought the colour correcting would be perfect for me. Also, I often find it hard to find a concealer that matches my whole face (if that makes sense). I don't wear foundation in the day so sometimes concealer can make my skin look blotchy if it doesn't match properly. This palette has four shades of concealer that can be blended together to create your perfect shade. It also includes three colour correctors; Yellow for brightening and correcting dark circles, purple for correcting yellow tones and green for correcting redness. There is also a cream highlighter in this palette.

The fourth palette in the line is called #YourStyleYourMood. It's an eyeshadow palette made up of 2 matte shades and 8 shimmer shades. I decided not to get this one because there are already some eyeshadows included in the #FaceTheDay palette and I don't use shimmery shades all that often anyway!


To create this look, I first colour corrected any problem areas using the #ConcealAndLightLikeAPro Palette. I used the green corrector to correct redness around my nose and also put it on top of any red blemishes to tone them down a bit. Next I went in with the yellow around my eyes to cover my dark circles and finally used the purple for the slight yellowness I have around my mouth. After this I used the lightest colour concealer around my eyes. I will warn you, when using this around your eyes it will most likely sink into any fine lines as that's what it did on me. Also, I found it didn't do a great deal for covering dark circles so had to use my Revlon Colour Stay Concealer over the top. I then went on to make my correct concealer colour to conceal any blemishes, the concealer in this palette is very buildable so is good for covering blemishes. After this, I blended it all in with my beauty blender and set it with the Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot powder. 

Next up I used the bronzer, highlighter and matte blush from the #BlushAndGlow palette. I used the bronzer to contour my cheeks, forehead and around my nose. Then went in with the blush on the apples of my cheeks and finally the highlighter on my cheeks and down the centre of my nose. 

I decided to give two of the eyeshadows from the #FaceTheDay palette a go. Unfortunately, due to my hooded eyes *rolls eyes*, you can't really see them and I didn't want to do it too OTT as I was going to work straight after shooting this image. However, I can tell you that I'm quite impressed with their pigment and will be using them again. 

I finished the look off by using my usual eyebrow products, YSL Babydoll Mascara and a touch of colour on the lips using the 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Lip Glaze in Elderberry that I got in this months Birchbox (You can check out that post here).

Will you be trying out any of the new Collection palettes? If so, which one takes your fancy?

Becky
XO

Follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking the 'B'' icon to the right of this post, or click here :)





No comments:

Post a Comment