Tuesday 6 October 2015

Three Ways To Wear Long Dungarees


I recently bought these Long Black Dungarees by Liquor & Poker from Asos (identical ones from Boohoo here). I'd been wanting some for a while, I looked at the blue denim ones, but decided they weren't for me so eventually took the plunge and went for black. They only had a size 10 left so I bought them and hoped for the best as I can sometimes be a 12 on the bottom. When they arrived I liked them and they fit but I wasn't 100% sure on them (I thought I maybe looked a bit too much like a painter and decorator...), but now I really love them and I've come to realise how amazingly versatile they are!

I decided to make this post as I think a lot of people might be wary of buying dungarees for fear they won't suit them, or they won't get enough wear out of them, as that's exactly what I thought. Hopefully this might help you decide whether to buy some or not, or if you already own some, give you some quick outfit ideas. 

Outfit 1: Everyday Casual

 -
Miss Selfridge Crop Top (similar) // Miss Selfridge Necklace // Forever 21 Bag (similar)// Steve Madden Shoes

I like the look of long sleeved crop tops with dungarees as it breaks up the outfit a bit by giving a flash of flesh on the waist. These Steve Madden slip on's are perfect for the cold damp weather, the keep my feet dry and warm throughout the autumn/winter seasons. 

Outfit 2: Winter Layering


H&M Scarf (similar) // New Look Sleeveless Jumper // River Island Boots (similar) // Apple Watch

I love layering and dungarees are perfect for this! Throw a jumper on underneath them with an oversized scarf over the top and you're good to go. Pair with your favourite boots and you'll be ready to tackle the cooler autumn days. If you want to wear a sleeveless jumper, like I have here, but are cautious about your arms getting cold. Make sure you wear an oversized scarf because they can often double up as a cape or shawl so you'll never get caught out. 

Outfit 3: Going Out Out


Miss Selfridge Embellished Top // TK Maxx Clutch (similar) // New Look Heels (similar)

You might not immediately think of dressing up dungarees, but they look perfect with heels and an embellished top like this one I got in the sale at Miss Selfridge recently. I like the all-black look for a night out, I feel it makes the dungarees look more night-time appropriate and classy. However, if you're more into colour, you could easily inject some in there with a pair of bright heels and/or a colourful clutch.

Becky
XO

To be updated on new posts, follow my blog on Bloglovin' by clicking here or the 'B'' icon to the right of this post :)

1 comment: