Wednesday 30 September 2015

A Few Things I've Been Loving This September

This is my first ever monthly favourites blog post, wahooo! I decided to incorporate a lot of different things into it instead of sticking to just beauty or fashion, I just prefer it that way as it adds a bit more variety in. I'm going to try and do these every month and hopefully there'll always be a beauty product, jewellery/fashion piece and a film and/or book, and then I'll also include other miscellaneous  things as well. So anyway, onto my favourites for the month of September...


I actually can't believe how fast this year is going! I work in retail, so all seasons come around quickly for me, for example, we started putting all the Christmas things out at the end of last month. I helped merchandise the section, and for all the time I was on there you could hear people saying 'Christmas already!'. I absolutely love Autumn/Winter time and Christmas is by far my favourite holiday, also, my birthday is 2 weeks before Christmas so that just makes it all the more exciting. Because of my love for Autumn/Winter I crack out the hot chocolate at any sign of cold weather (or whenever it starts to feel more Autumnal), so one of my favourites this month is Mars Hot Chocolate. I got this from where I work, I can't remember exactly how much it was but it might have been around the £2 mark which I don't think is bad at all! It tastes so lovely, I don't really know how to describe it, it's kind of a less intense, more milky, version of a Mars Bar.

The Stick of Rock isn't there because I've been loving eating loads of rock this month, it's there to signify the trip to the seaside I took with my boyfriend this month (I have a whole blog post about it here if you'd like to know more). It was such a nice day and so calming for me, I love being by the sea and would love to live in a little house over looking the sea one day, to wake up and be able to hear the sea would be perfection.

Next up is the newly released film, Legend. This film is about the Cray Twins who were gangsters in London during the 50's and 60's, both twins are played by Tom Hardy who does an outstanding job, if he doesn't get an award for this role I'll be amazed! I would highly recommend going to see Legend as I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's also a really interesting film because it's based on true events. 

Talking of films, I've been loving my iPad Mini this month. I enjoy laying in bed and watching YouTube videos on it or flicking through blog posts. I don't have a large amount of apps on there but one of my favourites has been Colorfy, which is like a virtual colouring book. It's also really handy for writing down blog ideas or planning posts.

Miss Selfridge recently had a sale online and in-store, where they had up to 30% off everything. I had a look on the online shop and found this Necklace and I've not stopped wearing it since I got it. It's so simple but has a little bar of what looks like blue marble. It goes with practically any outfit and just looks so simple and chic. 

As for beauty, this month I've been loving more natural lip colours. This lipstick, Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in '08', has been a long standing favourite of mine. It's quite moisturising so doesn't dry your lips out and I just love the colour. If you want to see what the colour is like on the lips, I wore it in my last outfit post, which you can find here.

Another beauty product I love is the YSL Babydoll Mascara. I've been using this a while now and no other mascara compares to it. It gives my lashes amazing lift and is very buildable so can also make your lashes look super thick! It is quite pricey at £25, but it's the only premium beauty product I own so I have it as my beauty treat. Just to note, I usually hate plastic brushes as they've never worked for me before and don't usually give my lashes any lift or hold at all, but this one... WOW. 

What have been your favourites this month?

Becky
XO

You can follow my blog on Bloglovin' by clicking here or clicking the 'B'' icon to the right :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, incredible blog layout! How long have you look of your site is great, let alone the content!
    This is a topic that is close to my heart… Take care! Exactly where are your contact details though?
    Wholesale Women Clothing

    ReplyDelete