Wednesday 9 September 2015

Birchbox September 2015: Happy Birchday!


This month marks Birchbox's 5 year birthday! So to celebrate they've come up with, what I think, is their best box yet. Not only is the content amazing but the look of the box itself is also beautiful. This month, subscribers could choose from two different patterned boxes which had been designed by Birchbox subscribers. I went for this funky patterned one, the other box had pretty watercolour balloons on it.


First up in my box I found these three products.

John Masters Organics Citrus Neroli Detangler:
If you like citrus scents, you'll definitely love this first product, it smells like lemongrass (one of my favourite scents) mixed with other lovely citrus notes such as grapefruit. From what I understand, this product is a conditioner with coconut oil and wheat amino acids that help detangle hair. There are also other ingredients, neroli and grapefruit, that help soothe your scalp.

Laura Mercier Facial Polish:
I've heard a lot about Laura Mercier products but I don't think I've ever actually used one, I'm really into trying out facial scrubs so this is great for me. I rubbed a little of this onto the back of my hand and it has small crystals in it that buff away dead skin, it left my hand feeling extremely soft, but not dry.

Beauty Protector Beauty Wash Body Cleanser:
I know I always seem to go on about how products smell but O-M-G, this smells incredible! When I first smelt it in the bottle it didn't smell of much but then I rubbed some onto my hand and the scent just exploded out of it. I'll definitely be using this straight away.


Next up, I pulled these three products out.

Laqa & Co Cheeky Lip Pencil in Cray-Cray:
In the images the colour of the tube looks a lot darker than what it is in real life (it's actually coral) but the swatch on my hand shows the colour of the lip product itself. This is a very creamy and buildable product. You could wear it as a subtle hint of lip colour or a bright pop, it's totally up to you!

Benefit The POREfessional: Licence to Blot:
I've wanted to try this since it was first realised so I was super excited to see it in my box this month. This is an instant oil-blotting stick. It can be used on top of make up when you're on the go or on it's own. It claims to banish shine for up to 6 hours. I have oily skin so I'll be putting this to the test.

The Birchbrush:
This was another item I was really excited to see. I use a 'Tangle Teezer' on a daily basis and love it, this seems like a very similar product to that but smaller so it'll be perfect for carrying in my handbag. Especially in the Autumn/Winter when the weather starts getting crazy and blowing my hair about. 

That's everything I got in this months Birchbox. Are you subscribed to Birchbox? If so, what was your favourite item this month? I think mine has to be The POREfessional!

If you want to subscribe to Birchbox and receive your own box of goodies every month, just click here!

Becky
XO

Psst... All links to my social media accounts are to the right of this post. Also, you follow my blog on Bloglovin' to be notified when I upload new posts by clicking the 'B'' to the right or clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment