Tuesday 25 August 2015

Ever Feel Like You Need A Pick-Me-Up?



I think everyone goes through those times, whether it be a day, week, month or even year, when you just don't feel like yourself. Everything seems to be getting on top of you and you want something to go your way, just. this. once. but it never seems to come. You need a serious pick-me-up, but you wait for one to come and, again, it never seems to.

I go through these patches sometimes, and almost always I suddenly realise, no one's going to make me feel better but me. I need to give myself a boost, no one can do that for me. Here's a few things you can try to get you back to feeling yourself.


1. Look for something good in every day. 
If you're having a bad week, try focus on the good, it could be anything. I believe there is something good in every day, you just sometimes have to force yourself to see it.

2. Clear your head. 
Go for a walk or a drive. I find that taking a trip out to the countryside in the car is a great way to clear my head, it's always so peaceful and people seem their happiest out there. If you're not comfortable going out on your own, stick your headphones in, you'll soon lose yourself.

3. Do something that makes you happy. 
Forget everyone else, do something for you. Bake, read a book, draw, do a sport, anything that gives you a buzz. Maybe even try something new.

4. Buy something. 
This may sound silly but, buy yourself a little present. Maybe some flowers, or that make up you've been wanting to try. Something inexpensive that you know you'll love. Food works well too!

5. Assess the real problem. 
Just take a minute and think about how you're feeling and if there are any triggers. Once you start thinking about it more in-depth, it's likely that you'll realise it's something that's not much of a big deal at all. 

6. Finally, let go. 
Let go of all that tension, those ideals, that 'perfect situation' and stop worrying. Tell yourself you're willing to let go because you deserve to be happy.


Remember, you're not alone, a lot of people often need to take time out and have a pick-me-up moment. Just breathe and relax.

Do you have any pick-me-up methods? Let me know in the comments.

Becky
XO

Psst... All my social media accounts are linked to the right of this post. There you'll also find a button to follow my blog on Bloglovin', or you can click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment